Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Passive and Active Voice

In this blog post I will be splitting my verbs into active and passive voice.
File:Voice final rgb1.jpg
FCVRE. "Voice Final" Uploaded 7/13/2009 via wikimedia. Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike
Active (Specific): 

Perform
Requested
Partnered-2
Gathering
Attracts
Delight
Enjoy
Perched
Overlooking
Learned
Boasts
Wrought
Enforce
Fight
Acknowledge

Active (General):

Is-4
Was-3
Went-3
Arrest-3
Involved-3
Taken-3
Saying-3
Resign-3
Wanted-2
Became-2
Enforce-2
Fired-2
Banned-2
Are-2
Met
Made
Led
Released
Located
Think
Imagine
See
Show
Supported
Win
Says
Hold
Elected
Said
Wait
Seemed
Stacked
Ended

Passive:

Pleased
Tipping
Been-3
Accused
Fired-2
Banned-2
Shrouded

1. I did not use passive voice very much, I mostly used active general voice in my draft. My use of active general verbs got the job done, conveying my message effectively to the audience.

2. I think that I could use more active specific voice in my draft. I think this would make my writing more engaging and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment