Friday, February 5, 2016

Analysis of My Rhetorical Situation



In this post I will be talking about how I see my rhetorical situation and how I will use that knowledge to complete my project. I will be discussing my audience, purpose, and myself (the author).
File:"Eye of Providence" inside triangle interlaced with circle above doorway of building, Venice.jpg
gnuckx. "Eye of Providence" uploaded 5/30/2010 via wikimedia. Creative Commons
Audience:

Being so that FIFA is a company that is greatly involved in soccer, a large majority of people that would be interested in this topic would be people who are involved in soccer. This could be the soccer players, soccer fans, analysts, and even those who play the popular video game. Based on this, a big part of my audience will be involved in soccer in some way. These are the kind of people who would watch soccer on TV, play with their friends, or even go to a game. These people are not restricted to any certain gender or even age, as soccer is a timeless sport. It is also a multi-cultural sport, so people of all ethnic backgrounds could potentially be interested in this story.

Purpose:

My goal in this project is to inform. I want to tell my audience what happened, and how it effected the world of soccer. I also want them to know who it effected that may not be directly related to soccer. I want them to read my Quick Reference Guide and feel that they have been fully informed as to what happened and let them form their own opinions about the people involved. I want them to be able to identify the key stakeholders in the controversy and how they were effected by the event. I want them to know when and where it happened, and then explain to them why it is important for them to know that.

Author:

I am perfect for this story for one reason: I am interested in both sides of the story. Most people who read or write about this subject will be interested in either the business corruption aspect or the sports aspect. I am interested in both. Being a business student, business is greatly interesting to me. I love seeing real-world examples of business practice, and I especially delight in controversies in the business world. I am also an avid sports fan. For as long as I can remember I have loved sports, and I would say that sports would be among my top interests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment