Sunday, April 3, 2016

Rhetorical Analysis of Project 3

In this post, I will be answering a number of questions.

Author

1. For this project, I will be drawing from my own general interest, my major, current-day political issues, and news stories that I follow. I am interested in the controversy I picked and had already done research of my own before this project was assigned. It is related to my major, being economic in nature. It is a political and social controversy currently and is naturally in the news for this reason.

2. One bias I need to watch out for is the fact that I am liberal. I have mostly liberal views on most present-day issues. This could skew my view on some of the research I am exposing myself to.

Audience

1. I would like my audience to be students with no background in economics and on open mind concerning the raised minimum wage.

2. I would like them to be liberal and take the side of raising the minimum wage.

3. They will probably agree on some points and disagree on others.

4. I will relate to them by showing them that I have a similar background to them.

5. I would say to them what I will be saying in my video essay. All they would need to do is listen and I am sure they will be swayed to my point of view.

Purpose/Message

1. I want my audience to see my perspective and have no choice but to agree with it.

2. I need to fully develop my argument in my own head, and find a way to explain it thoroughly yet concisely.

Context

Genre:

1. I will be doing a video essay.

2. It should be easy to watch and flow well.

3. I have no experience.

4. I am very nervous about this genre, I am not comfortable with it at all.

5. I think that the most effective conventions are the use of pictures and voice.

When:

1. This controversy is grounded in politics, so a background on some political ideas may be necessary.

2. Most major news sources are talking about this, as it is a fairly big deal nationally.
LA Times
Huffington Post
NY Times
Washington Post

3. I will be taking the issue from both sides of the argument, so I won't have any specific counter-arguments to respond to.

No comments:

Post a Comment