Sunday, April 24, 2016

Editorial Report 13b

In this post, I will be comparing content from my rough draft to my final draft.

Rough Draft Conclusion:

When considering this plan, I see its merit. I see how anyone could look at it and think: “why not, it’s helping the people that need help the most”. However, on closer inspection, it may be a bit more dangerous than we may think. It could seriously destabilize the American economy by forcing companies to increase outsourcing, have fewer jobs for people, and turn to automated solutions. This could actually end up working against the people it is trying to help, because 8 dollars an hour may turn to zero, and the workers watching as computers or people from other countries do their jobs. This may also run companies out of business if they cant keep up with the increases. People looking to start new businesses will have an even tougher time doing so, and will look to other more business-accommodating economies for their business. Is a minimum wage increase a bad idea? Not necessarily. Is a minimum wage increase to 15$ a bad idea? Absolutely. I believe that something should be done about the poverty crisis in America, I just think that the solution should be more measured and decisive.”

Final Draft Conclusion:



The changes made here are obvious, I made the content into a video essay form. This is more effective because it is my voice and my inflection that drives home key points in the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment