Sunday, April 24, 2016

Editorial Report 13a

In this post, I will be comparing content from my rough draft to content from my final draft.

Rough Cut Intro:

"Hello everyone, my name is Malik and I will be talking about the minimum wage controversy. This controversy has been in mainstream media as of late, highlighted by the presidential race that is happening here in America. The basis of the controversy is the democratic nominees are promising and urging raising the minimum wage both federally and in the states. This call has lead to several states announcing to raise the minimum wage through a myriad of ways. The response to these announcements is the elation of the lower to middle class people, and the wariness of economists."


While I talk, have pictures of what I am talking about appear on screen, news headlines, etc... Make sure there is a picture of both democratic nominees and many of the protests that have been happening and the celebrations that have been happening. Also, when referring to states announcing to raise the minimum wage, show pictures of those states (California, Seattle, New York, etc...)

Final Cut Intro:


The changes made here are obvious, I made the content into a video essay form. This is more effective because it is my voice and my inflection that drives home key points in the introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment